-
November 24th, 2008, 05:06 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Good to be concerned.
Major failure in tanks is the leads to the coils.
I cut foam to slip under the moving parts and immobilize them.
-
November 24th, 2008, 10:20 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Assuming a Hammond/Accutronics style tank like this;

a couple of split sections of rigid foam like OG says should do the trick. Fix the big springs in place with a couple of foam sandwiches, dividing their length into thirds.
Shipping won't damage the big springs, but jolts could cause the small ones to come unhooked, which can lead to the coil leads breaking.
Added;
The box that contains everything is the "tank".
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ November 24, 2008 06:28 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>
-
November 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Thanks guys.... I'll look and see what I have in the way of Styrofoam.
-
November 25th, 2008, 04:50 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
OT, but I figured this was the place to ask, since we have such a knowledgeable and experienced group here.
I need to ship a reverb tank (Why are they called a tank?) and I'm wondering if any special consideration needs to be taken during packing. It's got a floating platform and several springs inside. My concern is that if the package is dropped/slammed/etc that the springs may get over extended due to momentum. Is this a concern, or am I worrying too much?
-
December 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
If you are shipping a Hammond organ spring reverb, they are in a vertical, open ended oil filled tank. Before moving the reverb you must drain the oil. Keep the oil and put the oil back in when the move is completed
Take care to not break off the hook and eye on the spring ends
Don
-
December 2nd, 2008, 01:00 AM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Originally posted by donaldpatten:
[QB]If you are shipping a Hammond organ spring reverb, they are in a vertical, open ended oil filled tank.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, oil filled and open ended!! So it's basically a bucket of oil? Sounds like it could be messy. Doesn't the oil get dirty after awhile? After so many years it seems like it would be better to replace it rather than save the old oil. What weight is it?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks